Saturday 4th - Friday 10th September 2021
Designed to mimic the rush of taking part in an underground event by keeping the route TOP SECRET this keeps the adrenaline pumping with challenges along the route and the unexpected at every turn.
Cannonballers are told the start and finish locations ONLY, the rest of the route is controlled by a series of missions setting out where to drive to and a window of time to arrive in.
The route differs every year within the boundaries of Europe, is just short of the US coast-to-coast distance but overall, the driving time in the 6 days of the event is roughly equivalent to the original outlaw Cannonball Runs of the 1970s.
The main difference being that the US racers drove straight through from start to finish in record-breaking attempts, European Cannonballers get to stop the clock every night without racing to enjoy time together in comfort along the way.
Cannonball Run Europe is a real-life bucket-list adventure for petrol-heads.
An amazing driving experience in Europe which includes:
Cannonball has always been about enjoying the driving meeting new people and generally having a fantastic week but let’s not forget the aim of the week.
Yes, that’s what it’s really about, who can average the closest to 61mph over the whole event, and don’t forget there are prizes for who can get the closest on a daily basis.
Surely it can’t be that difficult, can it?
Unlike previous years 2021 will be different as we are now introducing an electronic timing system for all cars which will make it more precise when working out the daily and overall times.
We are also currently working on a bespoke smartphone app which will deliver your mission each morning as well as other information needed for the day ahead.
But most of all just like the Cannonball events of previous years we will be giving away a free entry into the 2022 run to the winner of this year’s event.
Throughout each of the days, we have prepared a route which will hopefully keep things exciting, as well as the chance for you to take in some breath-taking scenery. Some days are long runs others slightly shorter, and some days will include mountain passes. Don’t be surprised to occasionally be sent somewhat off course with the odd waypoint or two.
Every evening you will arrive at another amazing location, evening meal will be provided followed by the daily awards ceremony. Beyond that, the nights are your own to party with fellow Cannonballers or rest ready for the next day.
Another feature of the trip will be the use of a race track on one of the days, we will have further details on this to follow.
After six days of driving covering around 2000 miles, we will return to the UK via the Eurostar for a black-tie gala dinner and award ceremony with live entertainment at the Hotel in Central London.
Nice Try! You didn’t think it would be that easy did you.
Our route is top secret, adding to the excitement and anticipation of your adventure.
The route this year remains in excess of 2000 miles. We have tested the route already – all we can say is you are in for a treat.
We will be staying in some fabulous hotels, with the opportunity to let off some steam with your fellow Cannonballers each night.
The start venue is to be confirmed. (Please note that the start venue in 2021 will be in Europe)
The only other thing we can say about the route is be prepared to take in some breath-taking scenery and who knows maybe have the odd snowball fight.
You only have to look at some of our past events to get a flavour of the routes we have taken to realise it was planned by a driving enthusiast.
1st prize for winning the event overall – Free entry to 2022, Trophy and Champagne
2nd prize for overall – £500 off 2022, Trophy and Champagne
3rd prize for overall – Trophy and Champagne
Prizes for other categories to be confirmed
Team prize (randomly generated)
Best Fancy dress of the week
Spirit of the Cannonball (the team voted for by other Cannonballers)
Sticker bomb competition
1. Cannonball Run Europe is not a road race. Teams are not expected (or permitted) to break any road traffic laws.
2. Cannonball Run is made up of a number of Missions, usually one, sometimes two, per day. Some, but not all, of your Missions will be timed at the start of each Mission, you will be given details of the day including Destination and whether the Mission is being timed. You may drive any route you wish to reach the Destination Checkpoint.
3. Unless stated otherwise beforehand, your Start Time for any Mission is noted as the moment you are given your Mission Pack.
4. On timed Missions, we calculate your average speed based on a pre-determined set distance (clearly stated in your Mission Pack) and note the variance (+ or -) from 61 mph
This variance, your standing, is updated with each timed stage. For example:
5. Unless otherwise stated, all Destination Checkpoints have designated Opening and Closing Times as indicated in the Mission Packs.
Teams arriving at a Destination Checkpoint after the designated Closing Time (or failing to obtain an official Checkpoint reading) will automatically be allocated the Official Closing Time for that Checkpoint.
Teams arriving before the designated Opening Time of any Destination Checkpoint will automatically be allocated the Official Opening Time for that Checkpoint.
There is no advantage to be gained by arriving early.
6. Loitering outside or near a Checkpoint to delay your time being recorded is against the rules and considered not to be in keeping with the spirit of the event, any Team found doing so may be disqualified from the competition.
7. It will not always be possible to achieve an exact average mileage of 61mph for every stage.
8. The stated mileage for each Mission is the one used for calculating average speeds.
No claims for variance against this mileage as recorded by the participant’s vehicles will be entertained.
9. You cannot win the event, or qualify for any timed awards, if you miss any of the Departure Checkpoints. This is classed as the driving team being present at the Checkpoint Desk between the Official Opening and Closing Times of that Checkpoint.
10. If you miss one of the departure checkouts this will disqualify you from winning the whole event but still allow you to win daily awards
11. To qualify for any stage, the driver of the vehicle at Checkpoint Departure and Checkpoint Arrival must be one designated to that vehicle at time of Registration.
12. Cannonball trophies are awarded to Stage Leaders at the end of each Timed Mission.
13. The winning Team at the end of Cannonball Run Europe 2021 will be the team with the least variance to 61mph
14. The decision of the Timings Manager and ultimately the Mission Director is final.